Microsoft Excel handles complex data, which then can be plotted to display a graph of a function. Before creating a chart, you must enter the x- and y-function data. In order to make Excel calculate the role and function of x, you first need to enter some values of x, which will make the parameters of the graph. Use the scatter plot to plot a complex function, which is the only type of Excel chart that graphically depicts two sets of data values (x and y) against each other (as opposed to categorical data on the x-axis).
1) Open a blank workbook in Microsoft Excel.
2) Enter “x” in cell A1. Press the “Tab” key to move to the next column. Enter “and” in cell B1.
3) Select cell A2. Enter the first value of x to be used for the horizontal axis. For example, to cover the negative and positive axes, enter “-5”, and in each cell below, enter the following value in the series until 5. Enter “4” in cell A3 and forward …- 3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
4) Select all values of x in a column by highlighting A2 and dragging the cursor down to the last cell. It is necessary to define the name of values, so Excel knows that each value in column A is equal to a value of x. This will be used when a formula is created in the column and. Click the “Formulas” tab. In group “defined names”, click “Define Name.” Enter “x” in the “Name” box. Click OK. ”
5) Select cell B2. Enter a complex function you want to graph. If you are graphing a linear equation of the form y = mx + b, enter “= m * x + B” in cell B2. Tab above and Excel will calculate the formula with the corresponding value of x.
6) Copy the formula in cell B2 to other cells. Select cell B2. Click the “Start” tab. Click “Copy” from the “Clipboard” group. Click and drag on cells B2 below to select them. Click the arrow below the “Paste” icon on the “Clipboard” group. Select the “Formulas” option. The formula is added to each cell of column B and contains each value of y versus x.
7) Highlight all cells. Click the “Insert” tab to create a graph of the function.
8) Click “dispersion” in the “Charts” group. Choose a subtype for the scatter plot. The graph is immediately displayed on the worksheet.
9) Click the chart to select it. The “Chart Tools” appear in the ribbon, including the “Design, layout and format” tabs. Navigate through these tabs to make changes in the style of graphic, graphic design and design of individual graphic elements such as the chart title, axes, legend and data labels.
10) Click a chart element directly in the spreadsheet to edit any title you want to change.
11) Click the button “Microsoft Office” and select “Save As” to save the graph and data.
Find more reviews on http://netdigedu.com/